This is my photo blog to keep myself thinking creatively. I am taking a photo class this year to hone my skills. I'm enrolled in a photography class and hope to be able to improve my skills. This blog will be my response to the challenges.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Perspective



That, friends, is one of my favorites from my class this week. I started a class at Cornerstone on Wednesday. This time we discussed perspective, both the art concept and the interpersonal one:
a visible scene, esp. one extending to a distance; vista: a perspective on the main axis of an estate.
the state of one's ideas, the facts known to one, etc., in having a meaningful interrelationship: You have to live here a few years to see local conditions in perspective.

One thing I really like about the class is that we had a lot of the time to just go and take pictures. It was nice to become a little more acquainted with my camera.

Check out the results from the in-class work here.

I'll post my work from the weekend on here before Wednesday. I get to choose one photo to take in to class for critique and (possible) inclusion in the Cornerstone Art Show at the end of the term.

I leave you with another of my favorites from Wednesday night. It was nice to try and see things in a new way again.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, James! I love that piano one, and I also really liked 12 in the gallery. It IS awesome that they give you some direction and turn you loose--that's the best way to practice, I think. Good luck on the critique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like i'm missing out on a good, directive photography course! these are great james! i love the old music paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the piano one is my favorite. i like how it has so much character because of the music, color, and textures. good job, jamez! i'm glad you actually got the take the class this time. how many other students are in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you let me know when you do the architectural tour? I really want to go. And I think you set your comments to e-mail to you in the settings tab under comments, if that helps at all, or is something you're even interested in. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers